Friday, February 6, 2009

Grammy Special: J. Holiday feel special


With the Grammys just days away, J. Holiday couldn’t contain his happiness about his nomination. And even though Holiday has some stiff competition - Mary J Blige, Ne-Yo, and newcomers Karina and Jazmine Sullivan are the other nominees in the category – the D.C. crooner feels he has better than a puncher’s chance at taking home the statue. Holiday talks about what it means to be nominated, putting together Back of My ‘Lac and what to expect from his next album.

“I put my heart and soul into [Back of My ‘Lac]. A lot of it was my struggles and pains and changes I was going through at the time so you know to have a Grammy nomination for it works. It means a lot to me, it’s showing me that, you know, finally my peers are actually taking a look at what I’m doing musically – that all my hard work wasn’t in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Am glad you were here. thank you